Wednesday 18 January 2012

Keepin Up With... Buff Monster



New Mural at The Standard



Sweet!!!
I just painted the wall outside of The Standard Hotel (Downtown LA)! 
I first worked with The Standard back in 2006 I believe, when I did an installation at the Hollywood location. They didn’t have this wall Downtown back then. Anyway, I drew a little sketch, packed up my trusty Scion xB, called Tim to come down and help me, called Dan from 33third to do video (33third.com sells spray paint, and you’ll get 10% off your order by entering code BUFFMONSTER). 

I called some friends in the media, and got to work. I spent two days working on the wall and I’m really happy with how it turned out. My dad, who is facing 24 years in federal prison, even came by to help paint (More on my dad, and progress photos of the wall, on Rob’s post on The Hundreds). The Standard even made a signature Buff Monster dessert which will be on the menu until my wall comes down (towards the end of Feb).

Buff


No comments:

Post a Comment