Friday 11 November 2011

Keepin Up With...Buff Monster


Scavenger Hunt / New Print

About a month ago, I did a little Scavenger Hunt; part social media experiment, part reward to my loyal fans. I took a recently completed painting, Mystic Mountain People, and made five giclee prints of it. On each print, I painted a different little character and then signed and numbered them as A/P 1-5. On a Tuesday afternoon, I took each print, packaged in a mailing tube, and dropped them around LA, from downtown to the Sunset Strip. I tweeted a photo and a hint for each print that I dropped off. It was really rad to see people’s responses and how quickly it took for people to find ‘em. I asked whoever found the tube to tweet a photo of it. It was a little while before the first couple were found; just like making street art, you put something out there and don’t know what will come of it.

I quite like the painting and I made a small edition of them which will be available on my website  November 11 at 10am. Each is 16x16 inches (paper is 18x18), signed and numbered in an edition of 50 and available for $150 (plus S+H).

 Buff


Go to my site... Here

No comments:

Post a Comment