Tuesday 22 February 2011

Off The Wall

Catchin up with Taylor M


Skateboarder, cinematographer, musician, production company owner and a man with a moustache to die for- we play catch up with our skate friend from the Valley, Taylor Morgan.

RD: Hey dude how are ya, could you fill us in on what you do and where you live please?

Well I live in Santa Clara, Ca, smack dab in the middle of Silicon Valley. The weather is always nice and there is tons of places to skate. Other than that, SF isn't too far so there is plenty to do. At the moment I'm finishing up a Bachelor's degree in Digital Filmmaking and focusing on my career as a cinematographer.



RD: Can you tell us a bit more about your company?

My company, I Capture Media, all started as a student project which consisted of coming up with a production company. After the project was all over and done with, I sat down and actually thought about the greatness of working for myself; ya know, being my own boss, so I decided to stick with my own production company. Although still a young company, I plan on establishing myself in the Bay Area in the following few years and keep making stuff that I like, hoping everyone else enjoys.

RD: Your also a musician, when did that start?

Haha. Well it started in the 6th grade I suppose, that's when I started my first instrument, which was a trumpet. Played that all the way through my senior year of high school, marching band, concert band, jazz band... yea I was a band geek, but our band smashed on fools! Hahaha. After high school though, I completely dropped the trumpet and picked up an acoustic steel string, which to this day is my weapon of choice.

RD:We know you've been skating for a while, how did you get involved with the scene?

I think I've been skating for like 12 or 13 years now... Basically back in high school, whenever me and some friends could get our hands on a video camera, we'd be off filming ourselves skating, doing stupid shit, and then I'd hit up iMovie on our schools crappy computers and put together videos. Finally, like 3 years ago I was able to save up and buy my first video camera and from that point it's been non stop!


RD: Clean shave or stubble city?

My mustache murders people.


RD: Would you like to salute anyone dude?

Salutes go out to the people that have allowed to me get this far.. A few names, but not limited to are: Nick Abasolo, Caesar Rosado, Ryan Farley, my MOM and DAD(without them I literally would not be here), and Arun Frances. There's more, but they know I love em haha.

Nice one dude, great to see ya again... laters.


Movie montage, just for fun from Taylor!
For more stuff on I Capture Media... Slap the Mouse here.

No comments:

Post a Comment