Tuesday 8 April 2014

Keepin Up With... Buff Monster



LA Mural / MOCA

I recently got back from LA, where I installed my Toy Machine at MOCA, and did a big mural for Vista Del Mar.

The machine was unveiled at the opening of MOCA’s new Mike Kelley retrospective at the Geffen Contemporary. I made a whole bunch of new resin heads, including more hand-painted ones and pieces with colored swirl resin. If you’re in LA, go check it out.

The mural for Vista Del Mar: The school asked the students to draw faces and I chose some of them to use in the mural. We also had a bunch of students help fill in colors. The school has been around for over 100 years and this is their first mural, so big thanks to the school for being open to something new and being very accommodating. Thanks to my man Rob for helping me with it. And a real BIG thanks to Branded Art for setting it up and handling all the details to make it happen. Paint provided by Montana Cans and Branded Art. 

As usual, I did the whole thing freehand, with spray paint. Go check it out if you're in LA; it’s at 3200 Motor Ave.

BUFF x

No comments:

Post a Comment